- Fatal vehicle crash on Highway 8Posted 7 hours ago
- MP recounts attack on Parliament HillPosted 19 hours ago
- Cents’ parents treated to two dramatic OT victoriesPosted 2 days ago
- Newest Centennial excited to be herePosted 2 days ago
- Family programs move into former middle schoolPosted 2 days ago
- Case of missing Merritt man still a mysteryPosted 2 days ago
- Horsemen of BC clean up campsitesPosted 2 days ago
- Council amends zoning bylawPosted 2 days ago
- One last holdup on railway tracksPosted 2 days ago
- Attack on Parliament Hill; one suspect deadPosted 2 days ago
Entertainment for the entire family
The Nicola Valley Pro Rodeo has always been a fan favorite, and this year should be no exception. The rodeo will be celebrating it’s 51st birthday, and organizers plan to make sure this years event is carried out in grand style.
“We’re extremely lucky to have the rodeo on the week-end we do,” said Elaine Grant-Gill, Nicola Valley Rodeo Association treasurer. She pointed out that hosting the rodeo over a long weekend allows more cowboys and fans to travel to Merritt. “Entries are up for this year,” she explained, “It should be a great show!”
Included in this years show will be a professional clown to keep the crowd engaged, announcer Tyson Peitsch, the Langley Riders Drill team and Merritt’s own little dancing cowgirls, the Buffalo Gals. Local DJ, John Allison, will be on hand to keep things moving with a little music.
The rodeo kicks off at 1 p.m. on Saturday, with North America’s best competitors vying for a spot in the Canadian Finals. Tickets can be purchased at the gate.