- Weather wreaks havoc, but more is forecastedPosted 5 hours ago
- Nicola Stockbreeders hosting B.C. Cattlemen’s Association AGMPosted 5 days ago
- Biosolids protesters travel to VictoriaPosted 5 days ago
- RCMP kept busy over May long weekendPosted 5 days ago
- Wanted man arrested after showing up to courtPosted 5 days ago
- TNRD won’t pitch in for trailer demoPosted 5 days ago
- SD58 granted $20,000 for health and wellnessPosted 5 days ago
- School district cracks down on vandalismPosted 5 days ago
- SD58 asking province to delay Bill 11Posted 5 days ago
- Nurses push for new hires at legislature rallyPosted 5 days ago
Entertainment for the entire family
The Nicola Valley Pro Rodeo has always been a fan favorite, and this year should be no exception. The rodeo will be celebrating it’s 51st birthday, and organizers plan to make sure this years event is carried out in grand style.
“We’re extremely lucky to have the rodeo on the week-end we do,” said Elaine Grant-Gill, Nicola Valley Rodeo Association treasurer. She pointed out that hosting the rodeo over a long weekend allows more cowboys and fans to travel to Merritt. “Entries are up for this year,” she explained, “It should be a great show!”
Included in this years show will be a professional clown to keep the crowd engaged, announcer Tyson Peitsch, the Langley Riders Drill team and Merritt’s own little dancing cowgirls, the Buffalo Gals. Local DJ, John Allison, will be on hand to keep things moving with a little music.
The rodeo kicks off at 1 p.m. on Saturday, with North America’s best competitors vying for a spot in the Canadian Finals. Tickets can be purchased at the gate.