Rhino stolen from barn near Mamit Lake
Logan Lake RCMP are seeking information about a dark green Rhino 450 off-road vehicle that was stolen from a barn near Mamit Lake last week.
RCMP say the theft occurred between 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 21, and 2 p.m. on Sept. 22, and that suspects would have driven the vehicle on Highway 97C for a short period after it was stolen.
“The Rhino had been placed in a barn for safe keeping and the suspects walked down a long rural driveway, entered through a fence, opened the barn and took the off-road vehicle,” states an RCMP press release.
The suspects also let the owner’s animals out of the fenced area when they opened the gate to access the barn.
The Rhino has several distinct characteristics including:
• The right side of the windshield has a patch repair that uses two pieces of Plexiglas to make the repair
• The right tail light is broken
• Equipment in the vehicle includes a German axe
• The front has a Champion winch where the remote comes to the front under the hood
• Four new tires covered in mud.
Police are asking anyone with information about the vehicle’s whereabouts to contact the Logan Lake RCMP at 250-523-6222 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
“It may show up for sale on the Internet or other locations,” said the release.